On June 19, 2020 the Pima County Board of Supervisors approved an ordinance that mandated all people age 5 and over wear face coverings in public if they can’t maintain a continuous distance of at least 6 feet from others. Certain people are exempt. We are asking anyone dropping off or picking up, please wear a mask. A mask will be provided for you if you do not have one in the preschool office.
As a precaution, teachers will be screening all students prior to them entering the classroom. Temperatures will be taken before children or parents enter the classroom. If your child has a runny nose, is coughing, running a fever (100.4) or has diarrhea you will be asked to take them home. If your child displays any of these symptoms for any reason after drop off you will be called to pick them up immediately. If you or your child is sick, please stay home for the safety of our staff and children in the classroom.
Every day Kid City Christian Preschool follows the protocol for cleaning based on guidelines from the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Arizona Division of Licensing Services, cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing. Cleaning removes dirt, grease, debris and many germs by scrubbing with soap (detergent) and water. Disinfecting kills disease causing germs on surfaces. This process is accomplished by use of bleach solutions, commercially prepared products (germicides) or physical agents such as high heat. Every classroom has a guideline sheet posted for you to review.
At this time, it is important to remind everyone to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for your partnering with us as we journey together this new preschool year.